I have decided that this is the best calling in the church. I have always wanted to know more about this stuff and now is my great opportunity! It also can be your great opportunity to learn some of these lost skills and learn to feed your family better at the same time while using your food storage.
Below, are a few classes that I will be teaching (for the next millennia by the looks of the list) to help prepare myself, and our ward family for the exciting events to come. Of course, I will need all of the help I can get. So, if you feel like you would like to share what you already know, or learn more about one of theses subjects, please e-mail me back and I will put you on that committee and when that class rolls around, you can help.
Sisters, please remember that none of this is meant to overwhelm any of us. But if we are prepared, we shall not fear. That is the idea here- DOMESTIC TRANQUILITY! Yippy, here we go on this great adventure!
In the Kitchen
- Break Making 101- grinding wheat, basic bread making, etc.
- Bread Making 102- pretzels, bagels, pita’s, tortillas, etc.
- Bread Making 103- Sweet Breads (orange rolls, cinnamon rolls, monkey bread, etc.)
- Breakfast Cereals/Granola Bars (inspired by the high price of cereal)
- Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooking (low energy, low water)
- Dutch Oven/ Solar Oven Cooking
- Pasta Making
- Yogurt/Cheese Making, Almond, Soy and other Milk products
- Amaranth, Quinoa, Wheat meat and Goetta
- Graham Crackers and Crackers
- Making “Mixes” with your food storage
- Show and Tell “I can’t live without this” and why
- Nuts, Seeds, Peanut/Almond and other nut butters
- Sewing clothing & other groovy stuff
- Soap and Lotion Making
In the Garden
- Cooking with Spices and herbs
- (Show & Tell) The things we can’t do without
- Vegetable Gardening and Harvesting Seeds
- Home Canning
- Herbs, Oils and Home Remedies
Co-Ops- are you interested in participating in the following?
- Ward Garden Plot
- Ward Chicken Coop
Group Orders- stuff to purchase at a discount
- “Be Prepared” Cookbook
- Electric Wheat Grinders
- Hand Wheat Grinders
- Solar Ovens
- Dutch Ovens
- Water Purifiers
Pandemics- the stuff no one wants to talk about, but what we need to know about
- Bird Flu
- Nuclear Disaster
E-mail me back to put you on the list of helpers for the classes that tickled your fancy. The schedule of classes will be coming out soon. Once a month, (Thursday morning at 10:00 am, at my house) there will be a cooking class, once a month there will be a group order of sorts. (Coming from Rebecca Lee’s “20 things I wouldn’t do without”.)
Thanks for your help,