The following statements are my opinions that I have made according to my studies and experiences. I am not a doctor or an “authority” on the subject. I invite you to do your own studying and then you can decide if natural remedies can help you and your family.
I think when you consider doing natural therapy, you also have to weigh Expence -vs- Dr. Appt./Co-pay etc. Although it does cost money to buy the herbs/oils etc. It is always more convenient and cost effective for me to stay home and treat myself and family. I know that there won’t be any side effects, and if we are away from home, I don’t have to worry about a doctor. In my book, knowing how to help yourself, is better any day.It gives me peace of mind knowing that I am not tied to my doctor. Yes, there is room in the natural medicine realm for doctors, but I think that it should go both ways.
These are some of the natural remedies that I will not live without.
Natural Remedies from
Widmer’s medicine cabinet
- The trick to natural medicine is to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.
- Knowing what to do. What are my options?
- If the sickness is aggressive, you have to be just as aggressive/consistent.
- Don’t be afraid of natural remedies. Be willing to study and to try it out on your own.
- Echinacea- Start taking it when you feel like you are getting sick. Keep taking it until you feel better. (Garlic and Cayenne work just as well.)
- Echinacea/Golden Root- Take this if you continue to get worse, or if you catch it too late. (This one acts like an anti-biotic)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract- Also acts like an anti-biotic. Take when you are already sick.
- Acidolphalis- cleans out the colon, gets rid of any bad growing bacteria etc.
- Kefir- like Acidolphalis, keep the colon clean and healthy. Consume double the dose if you feel you are getting sick.
- Coloidal Silver- acts as an antibiotic, but is I find it is better for bactrial than viral infections.
Essential Oils: (Young Living Essential Oils only)
- Purification: Bacterial infections: Strep, sore throats, sinus infections, bronchitis, mosquito/bee stings etc.
- Lemon: Viral infections: colds, flu, etc.
- Lavender: Anything skin related: Burns, allergies, hives, eximea, insomnia, restfulness etc.
- Peppermint: Stomach disorders, nausea, morning sickness, flu, motion sickness.
- Di-gize: Serious stomach disorders: gas/cramping, food poisoning etc.
- Peace and Calming: Panic attacks, stress, fear, feeling overwhelmed, insomnia, ADD, ADHD etc.
- Capsulate Theives and ingest. This will stop about anything. If it doesn’t right away, take it again!
- Reflexology, Acicular therapy, magnetobiology, acupuncture/acupressure, light/color therapy, visulization, stress/emotional release.